Discover the campsite 35 minutes from the Alsace balloon
Discover the Ballon d’Alsace, a magnificent peak in the Vosges mountain range, about twenty kilometres from your Flower Camping du Lac de la Seigneurie. Eric and Karine will welcome you with joy and good humour throughout your stay, whether it is long or short, you will feel at home and welcomed in a warm family atmosphere!
Tourism in the Vosges mountains
The Ballon d’Alsace is the highest point of the Vosges Méridionales and is located in the heart of the Parc Naturel Régional des Ballons des Vosges. Discover our magnificent geographical area between the Territoire de Belfort and the Haut-Rhin. Many hikes are possible, for all ages and all levels, find the local farmhouses full of them. The Ballon des Vosges Regional Nature Park has also set up a “one farm, one hike” scheme to combine the pleasure of eating with the pleasure of hiking. You can even indulge in a blueberry tart without feeling guilty? Go to the reception of the Flower campsite Lac de la Seigneurie for more information and hiking ideas!
Things to do in Ballon d’Alsace A paradise for hikers and cyclists
The Ballon d’Alsace and its surroundings are a real paradise for hikers. Crossed by the GR5 and GR 59, starting point of the GR7, a stage and mythical passage for cyclists, the Ballon offers a unique playground where everyone, at their own pace, can combine discovery and sport in grandiose landscapes.
The Ballon d’Alsace is a “land of cyclists”. The paths are accessible to beginners and champions alike. The Ballon d’Alsace is the emblematic place of the Tour de France, and was the first pass to be crossed by the cyclists of the Grande Boucle, in 1905.
The ascent of the Ballon d’Alsace has been labelled “Historic Route of the Tour de France” in 2019.
What if you went to challenge these champions? The Flower campsite at Lac de la Seigneurie, which has been awarded the “Accueil vélo” label since December 2021, welcomes cyclists in the best possible conditions on its pitches, in its lodges or its cabins.
Speaking of mythical climbs, take up the challenge of the nearby Planche des Belles Filles, which is also part of the Ballon d’Alsace circuit.
The Ballon d’Alsace is not only popular with hikers and cyclists, but in summer you can go paragliding, sledging and other activities. In winter, the Ballon d’Alsace ski area is open to all, for downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, ski touring, sledging and many other activities.
What to see and do in Alsace?
In the Vosges and around the Ballon d’Alsace you will find many farmhouses, especially in the Doller valley, to discover Alsatian specialities like Roïgabrageldi, the very popular Alsatian sauerkraut, Munster cheese and the famous blueberry pie. Discover the excellent Alsatian wines such as Riesling, Muscat, Gewurztraminer, PInot Gris and many others… The wine route is close by. The winemakers will be happy to let you taste them. Our bar (licence 4) also offers them by the glass, in jugs or in bottles to be enjoyed on the spot, on your pitch or terrace of your rental.
Top 6 things to do in Alsace
- Close to your campsite, go for an original and quite unusual escape with the South Alsace bicycle rail, a 2-hour escape along an old railway line on the first slopes of the Vosges. Accessible to families as well as couples or for an outing with friends, the velorail will offer you a breath of fresh air close to nature and above all about twenty minutes from the Flower Camping du Lac de la Seigneurie. Discover the Acropark’Burnhaupt, thanks to our privileged partnership with the Burnhaupt-le-Haut adventure park for accrobranche courses for all ages! And let yourself be tempted by a new feature: laser games in the forest, between hay bales and trees, challenge yourself, with friends or family, for a game near your campsite!
- Then head to the Parc du Petit Prince, which celebrates its 75th birthday in 2021, to visit the world’s first aerial park. This park, ideal for children aged 8 to 12, is located in Ungersheim, 30 minutes from the campsite. Discover the Little Prince and his story, meet the famous Rose, draw sheep, tame the animals and go on an adventure to save the endangered planet B612! You can get discounted tickets at the reception of your Flower campsite Lac de la Seigneurie near Belfort.
- Just next to the Little Prince park is the Ecomuseum of Alsace, the largest open-air museum in France, a reconstruction of a 20th century Alsatian village, in Ungersheim, about thirty minutes from your campsite. Between typical Alsatian buildings, with half-timberings, animals, about twenty daily entertainments, nearly 100 hectares of nature, discover how the Alsatians lived at that time between artisanal methods, local clothes, and Alsatian specialities in a bakery, a Winstub or a traditional restaurant.
- In Mulhouse, discover the famous Schlumpf collection at the Musée de l’Automobile, open since 1982. The museum houses more than 500 classic cars, some of which belonged to the famous Ettore Bugatti, founder of the automobile brand and one of the fastest in the world.
- Continue your journey along the famous Wine Route from Thann to Marlenheim, passing inevitably through the famous town of Colmar, the capital of Alsace wines. Discover our 7 Alsatian grape varieties during beautiful walks between vineyards and cellars, taste and visit the vineyards by bike or on foot while staying in the Vosges which provide exceptional geological conditions for quality wine.
- Finally, visit the Mulhouse Zoo, and see animals of all species and all horizons! You will have the opportunity to attend entertainment related to nature and animals . Since 2019, the zoo offers booklets “general public” to accompany children through the animal park and according to the desired themes. In the park you will find animals from all continents but you will also find plants and flowers in the flower gardens. For a very affordable price, enjoy an enriching day of discovery 30 minutes from the campsite!