Discover the Burgundy – Franche-Comté region
Discover the magnificent region of Burgundy-Franche-Comté and its natural, historical, heritage, cultural and oenogastronomic treasures. Thanks to the privileged geographical location of the campsite in Franche-Comté, you will easily be able to visit the tourist sites that are not to be missed.
Where is Franche-Comté located? What to see?
Discover Franche-Comté, its natural setting with its generous vegetation, its numerous forests, its pastures, its endless panoramas, its picturesque villages full of charm. Marvel at its historical and gastronomic heritage. Take the tasty Comté route, the star of cheeses produced in the region, and enjoy the specialities: morbier, Morteau and Montbéliard sausages, cancoillotte, mont d’or, blueberry pie, etc.
Our top 8 visits in Burgundy – Franche Comté
- Discover the favourite monument of the French in 2020 and meet the Lion of Bartholdi and its citadel during a historical walk! Enjoy a 360° view of the city of Belfort and also discover a museum of the history of Belfort where the history of the construction of the Lion of Belfort is retraced.
- Go to the Malsaucy water sports centre where you can go catamaran sailing, canoeing and stand-up paddling. Relax on the beach of Malsaucy or party for 4 days during the Eurockéennes of Belfort!
- Make an appointment in the Vosges Saônoises to discover the Plateau des Milles Étangs (Thousand Ponds) over 220km² and an itinerary of 60km that can be done by car over 1 to 2 days. The landscape is well worth the diversions!
- Visit the citadel of Besançon, a fortification listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2018, find a zoo, museums, aquarium, vivarium, naturalium, noctarium and all this at 1h20 from your campsite!
- Venture for a cruise towards the Saut du Doubs between Burgundy-Franche-Comté and Switzerland from Villers-le-Lac. Enjoy a 1-hour round trip by boat followed by a 1-hour stopover where you can discover the sublime Saut du Doubs waterfall! A change of scenery guaranteed!
- Visit the Royal Saltworks of Arc-et Senans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1982. You will find 4 permanent exhibitions, a Ledoux museum, an exhibition on the “history of salt”, 13 hectares of gardens laid out in an arc, a “house” restaurant, a 3* hotel with 31 rooms to enjoy the gardens at sunset, a conference centre and a bookshop. The saltworks was built from an old salt factory dating from the 18th century. A garden festival is also organised here.
- Find some amusement parks for the little ones and your child’s soul in Bourgogne Franche Comté. To meet up with dinosaurs, go to the DinoZoo in Charbonnières-les-Sapins in the Doubs. Join the Comtois countryside and its legends at the Campaines park in Accolans, also in the Doubs!
- For cyclists, travel part of the Eurovélo 6 initially from the Atlantic to the Black Sea, the stage from Nevers to Basel crosses France, Germany and Switzerland passing not far from your Flower campsite Lac de la Seigneurie via Burgundy Franche Comté and Alsace.